Thank you for your interest in Tuscawilla Oaks Animal Hospital Boarding and Doggie Day Play!!
Check us out on Instagram for more fun pics and videos! https://www.instagram.com/tuscawillaoaksah/
Our Facility: We have a large, indoor, climate-controlled facility. We also have an indoor and outdoor play area for walks, exercise, and/or Day Play!
Walks and Outside Time: All boarders are walked outside up to four times daily in a fenced area, weather permitting.
Group Day Play: All participants of Group Day Play will enjoy interactive group playtime in either our indoor or outdoor play area multiple times daily. Private Day Play: Arrangements may be made in special circumstances.
Veterinary Supervision: All pets are under the supervision of our veterinarians and technicians. Our pack leaders monitor all boarders and day play participant’s appetites, urinary habits, bowel movements, etc, very carefully. If there are any issues or concerns, our pack leaders will bring this to the attention of the veterinary staff. You will be apprised of any concerns that arise during your pet’s stay with us. Keep in mind your pet’s health and comfort are our first priority, and if an issue arises, it will be addressed.
Food and Treats: We offer the option for you to bring your pet’s food and treats from home, or you may choose our house food We feed Hills Sensitive Skin and Stomach. Feeding times are according to your instructions. Food is included with boarding rates but is additional for “day play only” participants.
Personal Belongings: We do not permit any personal belongings other than food, treats, and/or medication from your home. Leashes and Collars will be sent home with you after your pet has been checked in for boarding/group day play. Please don’t forget to bring leashes and collars with you when you are picking up your pets.
- We provide bedding, which is changed daily.
- We provide bowls for food and water.
- We have plenty of clean pet cots and comfy blankets which are included in the cost of boarding.
- There are three main reasons we do not allow belongings from home:
- We will not risk any of your pet’s personal belongings being destroyed or lost.
- Our facility is flea and ticks free and we cannot risk any of those little pests coming in.
- Sometimes a boarding/group day play situation can be stressful for your pet. There are times that they may try to chew or eat their bedding or toys from home. We monitor this closely, but again, we do not want any of your pet’s belongings to be destroyed or put your pet’s health at risk.
- There are three main reasons we do not allow belongings from home:
Medications: If any medications are needed, they will be administered exactly per the written instructions. No medications will be given without actual prescription label instructions on the original bottle. Keep in mind that there is a medication administration fee that is applied daily for any medications, supplements, or vitamins.
Meet & Greet Establishment Exam: Not yet a patient at Tuscawilla Oaks? No problem! We want to get to know you and your pet before staying with us. So, we will set up an appointment for a Meet and Greet Establishment Exam! This is a time to meet each other, review medical records, update vaccinations and diagnostics (if needed), and address any of your questions or concerns. Please schedule an examination with one of our veterinarians at least fourteen days before your pet’s boarding reservation. Additional fees apply.
On your pet’s first day, we will also administer a temperament assessment for all group play participants to ensure your pet will be a candidate
- Dogs: Bordetella (kennel cough), Rabies, DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvo), and K9 Influenza.
- Cats: Rabies and FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia).
- Both Dogs and Cats: Our facility is flea-free, so all boarding pets must be current on heartworm and flea and tick prevention as well, given within 30 days of boarding stay.
- Both Dogs and Cats: Must have had a negative fecal examination within the past 12 months to show that they are free of any and all parasites.
Boarding Check-in and Check-Out Hours: These are the times during which your pet can be picked up or dropped off for boarding. At the time of booking, we will ask what times you are planning to drop off or pick up.
- Monday-Friday: 8am-11:30am and 3:30pm-5:30pm and Saturday: 8:00am-10am
Doggie Day Play Check-in and Check-Out Hours: These are the times during which your pet can be picked up or dropped off for Group Day Play only.
- Monday-Friday: 7 am-5:00 pm (Not available on weekends)
Boarding Charges and Fees: We charge per day for boarding or boarding with day play. Please contact us for specific pricing:)
Day Play Only Charges:
Puppy DayPlay: $40.00 per day. Puppy DayPlay (Half Day): $30 per day.
Adult Dog Day Play: $35.00 per day and Adult Dog Day Play (Half Day): $25 per day
*Half Day must be picked up by 1:30 pm
Please keep in mind:
- There is a medication administration fee for any medications your pet may need while staying with us.
- There are additional charges for bathing or other requested services
- If your pet needs to board in the hospital and/or be monitored and medicated by our veterinary technicians or doctors, there is a special daily boarding charge for this type of boarding. Please contact us for more info.
Bathing: Baths are performed by our pack leaders!!!. It consists of shampooing and thoroughly rinsing your pet and performing a nail trim and ear cleaning. We offer different shampoos to choose from: Aloe & Oatmeal, Flea & Tick, Medicated, or you may bring your own pet shampoo for us to use. If you pay for seven nights of boarding, the bath will be included in the boarding costs. This service is available to dogs only.
- If you want a bath to be completed on the day you pick up your pet, you will need to pick up your pet during the afternoon hours on Monday-Friday to ensure that they are fresh and dry prior to going home.
- If you pick up your pet during morning hours Monday-Saturday, they will be bathed the evening prior.
Missing your pet while you are away? Of course!!!: We can email you a picture. This is a complimentary service and by request only.
Dropping off your pet: When you arrive please follow the “Curbside” signs in front of you to complete your pet’s boarding questionnaire. We ask that you allot about 10-15mins for the check-in process. Keep in mind we are obligated to go over all information in detail at every boarding/day play check-in, regardless of how often your pet boards/day plays. If your pet will be seeing one of our veterinarians or technicians during their stay you will need to meet with the technician at drop-off. Please allow an additional 10-15 mins for this.
Picking up your pet: When you arrive to pick up your pet, park and follow the “Curbside” signs in front of you. We will review all charges or communicate any messages to you at this time. We will collect payment and bring your pet up to you. The pack leader will then reunite your pet with you (so exciting). You will also receive a little “report card” on their stay via the TOAH APP! If your pet was examined by a veterinarian or technician or had any medical issue during their stay, you will need to meet with the technician at pick-up. Please allow extra time for this.
We also have monthly events. Be sure you check Facebook, Instagram, and the TOAH APP.